4-hour Hands-on Practical Motorcycle Maintenance Workshop for Beginners
This basic motorcycle maintenance workshop is a 4-hour hands-on learning experience that gives you skills and confidence to tackle the essential motorcycle maintenance items every owner should know how to do.
We’ve all been where you are, not knowing where to start, afraid of breaking your bike or missing something important that will cost a pile of money. You won’t break it, and this knowledge will quickly save you money.
If you have something fail on your ride, absolutely do go to a dealer to get that part replaced, but there is no need to pay in excess of $110 per hour to hire someone to perform basic motorcycle maintenance checks and tasks on your bike. With just a little bit of knowledge and hands-on practice, you’ll be able to do it all yourself.
This workshop requires no prior mechanical knowledge and experience. We’ll cover the basic hand tools needed to perform each task as we move around the bike, what it is, why we use it and how to use it.
We’ll cover all the main systems of the motorcycle and why they’re important to check. Class attendees will then perform these tasks, driving home your new knowledge with hands-on practice.
Subjects covered include;
- What does maintenance actually mean and why it’s essential?
- Cleaning. It’s like taking your ride to the doctor for a checkup.
- The battery isn’t scary, but it does need some love.
- Tires, they’re wheely important.
- Final drive. There is more to it than oiling your chain.
- Fluids and filters. They’re easy once you understand what they do.
- Critical fasteners and controls. Simple adjustments make your ride much more pleasant.
- Tools and consumables. A shortlist of simple hand tools everyone should own.
This isn’t an advanced mechanical course, it’s not going to teach you how to rebuild your transmission or top-end in 4 hours. This is a maintenance workshop designed to give riders with little-to-no mechanical knowledge the confidence and hands-on practical experience to competently perform seemingly daunting maintenance tasks, which in reality are quite simple once you know-how.